Why do I need a doula?
A Doula is a trained professional coach who is there to support you through pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum with continuous physical, emotional, advocacy, and informational support.
Why Dare 2 Doula by Salerno?
Deaf Doula with experience in Birth Center births, Hospital births, and Home births (water labor and water birth).
Services range from $0 (Birth Plan) to $2,500. The three most popular birth packages are listed here. If you are looking for other specialty services please reach out to me directly to learn more.
- Umbilical Cord Keepsake
- Artistic Placenta Prints
- Breastfeeding Support
- Postpartum Doula Care
- Belly Binding
- Individual 1:1 Childbirth Education Classes
- Postpartum Pampering for mom and baby
Texas Hospitals/Birth Centers Dare2Doula has provided services so far
- H Wise Health System in Decatur, TX
- H Methodist Richardson Medical Center Richardson, TX
- BC Birth and Wellness Center of Arlington Arlington, TX
Homebirth locations Dare2Doula has provided services so far
Accept CashApp, Apple Pay, PayPal, Cash, FSA, and HSA Credit Cards.
$500.00 to reserve your due date on the calendar and we can agree to a payment plan to have the remaining balances paid off by 36 weeks. My calendar fills up quickly so be sure to send your downpayment and sign your contract early. Do NOT let the cost of Doula services keep you from chatting with me. I always want to help clients as much as I can.
Some insurance companies do reimburse for doula services. Be sure you check with your insurance before signing up for services with me to ensure your insurance covers specialty services like Doula Care. You may also request coverage for perinatal coverage for childbirth education classes, breastfeeding classes, baby care classes, or postnatal support. Here is a list of health insurance companies that have reportedly reimbursed for doula services:
- Aetna Healthcare
- Baylor Health Care System/WEB TPA
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO
- Degussa, a German Chemical Company
- Elmcare, LLC, C/O North American Medical Management
- Foundation for Medical Care
- Fortis Insurance
- Glencare Managed Health, Inc.
- Great-West Life & Annunity Ins. Co.
- HNTB (Peoria, IL)
- Houston New England Financial, Employee Benefits (Fort Scott, KS)
- Humana Employers Health
- Lutheran General Physician’s Organization
- Maritime Life
- Medical Mutual
- Oschner HMO, Louisiana
- Professional Benefits Administrators
- Prudential Healthcare
- Summit Management Services, Inc.
- United HealthCare of Georgia (San Antonio, TX)
- United Health POS
- Wausau Benefits, Inc.
What if my Insurance does not Cover Doula Services?
Pay for services upfront and submit for reimbursement explaining how Doula Care saved the insurance company money.
- Vaginal Birth
- Less medications
- Less medical interventions
If they decline you can appeal for 180 days (up to 3x) and it helps to have your OBGYN sign off or your Midwife signs off.
Unfortunately, Texas Medicaid does NOT currently cover ANY Doula services at this time.
- Cook Children’s Health Plan
- Parkland Health Plan
- Aetna Better Health of Texas
- Molina Healthcare
Please feel free to file your complaints with Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Medicaid/CHIP Health Plan Management
Mail Code H-320
P.O. Box 85200
4900 N. Lamar
Austin, Texas 78708-5200